Public Relations professionals are available to assist members of the news media at any time. In accordance with our policy and procedures, all news media professionals must contact the Public Relations and Marketing department before speaking with Olathe Health employees or visiting our facilities.
To reach the Public Relations and Marketing department:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: call 913-791-4311
- After hours: call 913-915-1261
Olathe Health’s first responsibility is to the health and welfare of our patients. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) sets forth standards that we must follow with regard to the release of patient information.
If a hospital patient has not requested that his or her information be withheld, a one-word condition may be released to anyone who asks about a patient by name. If the patient is a minor (under the age of 18), no information will be released without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. The following are standard definitions used to describe a patient’s general condition:
- Undetermined. Patient is being evaluated.
- Good. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious. Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical. Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.