Student Volunteer Opportunities
During the summer, student ambassadors are an important addition to Olathe Medical Center. Our summer program offers students the opportunity to give their time while gaining valuable experience within a hospital setting. Students gain great satisfaction from constructive service and develop a sense of civic responsibility while performing day to day non-medical functions in their assigned area. Student volunteer opportunities are limited and based upon department availability.
Student Volunteer Requirements:
- AGE: 14 years of age or older (18+ is required in our Emergency Care Center) prior to March 1 and enrolled in high school or college courses.
- TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum of 4 hours a week during June and July (8 weeks total).
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Contact the Olathe Medical Center Volunteer Services Manager, Abby Hardwick, prior to February 15 of the year summer placement is desired to request an application packet.
- HEALTH CLEARANCES: Submit completed immunization form included in application packet.
- PARENTAL PERMISSION: Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a completed parental permission form.
- TRANSPORTATION: Must have reliable transportation and be dependable to arrive on time as scheduled. On-site parking is available.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Student Ambassadors must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and hospital policies.
- TRAINING: All Student Ambassadors are required to attend the student orientation on the date provided in your acceptance packet. Department specific training will also be provided upon placement.
- UNIFORM: All Student Ambassadors are required to wear an Olathe Medical Center polo provided at orientation.
Other student opportunities include:
- BEAM - partnership between Olathe Medical Center and Olathe School District students
- Shadowing/Observation Opportunities - several departments offer shadowing opportunities at Olathe Medical Center and its outlying clinics. These opportunities are coordinated directly by the department you wish to shadow in.
To learn more about volunteering at Olathe Medical Center or at one of our physician clinics, please contact our Volunteer Services Manager, Abby Hardwick, at 913-791-4380 or via email at email@example.com.
To learn more about volunteering at Miami County Medical Center, please contact Juanita Sprinkle at 913-294-2327, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.