"The Great Heart Epidemic: Care of the Heart Failure Patient"
Registration & Introduction
8:30-10:15 Heart Failure/Basics/Overview- Jana Braklow, APRN-BC, Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
10:15 - 10:30
, Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
Acute Decompensated Heart Failure/Guidelines for HF Management - Dusan S. Stanojevic, MD
11:30 - 12:00
Cognitive Assessment and Evaluation of HF Patients- Jill Egger, OT; Gena Rossow, SLP, Olathe Medical Center
12:00- 12:30pm Lunch
12:30pm-1:30pm - Pharmacologic Treatment of Heart Failure - Ali Ahmadian, PharmD; Patricia Hoover, PharmD; Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
1:30 - 2:30pm Procedural Treatment of Heart Failure - Kalleen Cuba, RN, Olathe Medical Center
2:30 - 2:45pm BREAK
2:45 - 3:15pm Interventions for Successful Discharge - Annette Potter, RN; Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
3:15 - 4:00pm Aspects to Transitional Care - Helen Peterson, RN; Shawna VanLeeuwen, APRN; Cara Lanzrath, RN; Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
4:00 - 4:45pm Palliative Care and Hospice in HF - Jana Braklow, APRN-BC
4:45 - 5:00 Questions/Evaluations
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the active learner will:·
- Discuss anatomy and physiology of a normal cardiovascular system..
- Identify risk factors for the development of cardiovascular disease with consequent heart failure..
- Define heart failure.
- Describe key components of acute decompensated heart failure.
- Describe Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy used in treatment of heart failure..
- Discuss the use of palliative care in patients with heart failure.
- Identify components of patient education required for successful discharge and prevention of readmissions.
- Discuss important aspects of successful transitional care.
Olathe Medical Center Education Department is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 9 contact hours applicable for APRN, RN or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number LT0048-0749.