During a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Don't take chances when you or a loved one experiences a medical crisis. Trust the emergency care teams at Olathe Medical Center and Miami County Medical Center. Both locations maintain around-the-clock readiness for patients of all ages, receiving details about your condition en route if you come by ambulance. They are staffed with emergency medicine physicians and have a network of support personnel throughout each hospital, ready to respond to any health crisis in Olathe Health's five-county service area.
Olathe Medical Center ER (located at I-35 and 151st St. in Olathe)
- The only true hospital-based ER in Olathe
- All the resources and specialists of Olathe Medical Center immediately available – no time lost transferring to a hospital
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Close relationship with EMS
- Senior-friendly rooms, lighting and expertise
Miami County Medical Center ER (located at 169 S. and Baptiste Dr. in Paola)
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Emergency Medicine-certified staff
- 24-hour readiness, 365 days a year
- Designated Emergent Stroke-Ready hospital
Emergency Care vs. Urgent Care
Not sure if your medical crisis is an emergency or something that can wait until the next day? If you have a sudden, unexpected medical condition that could endanger your life or seriously harm your health if not treated immediately by a licensed medical professional, you should seek care at an emergency room.
Emergency medical conditions include:
- Suspected heart attack or stroke
- Sudden or extreme difficulty breathing
- Bleeding that will not stop or deep cuts
- Major burns
- Sudden and severe headache
- Severe abdominal pain
- Suspected poisoning
However, if your medical need is urgent, but does not pose an immediate, serious threat to your health requiring the level of care available at an emergency department, Olathe Health provides an urgent care clinic for non-emergencies. Olathe Health Urgent Care is located at 135th St. and Blackfoot in Olathe.
Urgent Care medical conditions include:
- Broken bones
- Minor cuts and burns
- Animal bites