Internal Medicine physicians focus on the primary care of adults—from teenagers to the elderly—and diseases of internal organs. Internal Medicine includes prevention, management and treatment of common and complex medical conditions that occur in adults, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, digestive disorders, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, conditions related to aging, and healthy lifestyle management.
Internal Medicine physicians will refer patients to other medical specialists for additional care. They actively monitor a patient’s overall condition and health, even when other medical specialists are involved.
Internal Medicine Service
- Comprehensive primary care for adults of any age
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses
- Disease prevention and management, including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, cholesterol management, etc.
- Men's health, including wellness check-ups
- Women's health, including routine gynecological care
- Senior health and geriatrics
- Annual physicals and screenings
- Mild injury care (cuts, bruises, sprains, pulled muscles)
- Healthy lifestyle management, including smoking cessation and weight management
- Referrals to specialists
To locate a physician specializing in internal medicine, please use the Find a Specialist tool in the upper left corner of this screen.